Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

For those of you who are skimming for the pictures - there are not any on here today, so feel free to move on.  ;o)  I will try to make it up to you later in the week!

1.  We got rid of our cable television.  While it was a hard decision, we were paying WAY too much in cable and decided to try it out for a while and see how it goes.  It is unfortunate for me that it worked out to cancel before the Hell's Kitchen finale on this Thursday.  So, I will be hiding in a hole until Friday afternoon when I can watch it online!

2.  We went to Ikea yesterday.  I love Ikea!  Even when I don't buy anything, I feel like there are so many great decorating ideas and unique items that I am rejuvenated in my organizing and decorating energy!

3.  Paige has started trying to repeat more words, finally!  Yay!  It is hilarious, but she whispers them.  As if she is already afraid to get the answer wrong.

4.  Did I forget to mention last week that I won the burger throw-down?  I am so proud of myself -- I think maybe I should throw my own later in the summer.  Anyone interested?

5.  Not to come down on anyone, but I have an honest question for you all - if you get an invitation to an event and you do not plan on going, do you think that means you don't have to RSVP?  Is RSVPing only for those attending?  I have heard this, but it was never how I was raised - so it confuses me.

6.  I love this.  Don't watch it if you hate to cry, but I am so inspired by Alex and his awesome attitude!  A photographer that I love gifted this session to his family, and I can only hope to be able to give such worthwhile gifts to people when I own my business!

7.  I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!  Justin and two other guy friends of our treated their wives to homemade brunch by a pool and mani/pedi's!  It was a wonderful gift and very relaxing!  Thanks again, honey!!!

8.  Speaking of, why is it that manicures don't last for me?  Even if I apply topcoat every day, it chips away starting on day two.  And I can NOT stand chipped nailpolish.  Am I alone in this? 

9.  Why is it that calling the exterminator means you see MORE bugs after they spray?!?  I hadn't seen any inside and now every day it is something new.  Seems like a waste of money.

10.  My super-sweet SIL Tamara sent me a giftcard for being the first commenter on her 100th blog!  Thank you, Tam!!!  I thought that was a thoughtful and cute idea, so keep an eye out for a special blog to come in the next few weeks... I want to pay-it-forward a bit!  And for Tamara, I am going to do a picture blog of our house soon too - so you all can see it as it is and hopefully an after-decorating blog down the road!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree about the nailpolish! How is it that it stays on toes indefinately but not hands? Guess it is the use factor. Regarding RSVP, I always though it meant "call if you're coming",but I bet Emily Post would say to call either way... which on that note, we are not coming to Lauren"s Bday. Sorry, we have a wedding at 11am.

Tamara said...

Yeah - I love your TonT posts - you know I truly look forward to them - and how special that 10 was all for me - I felt loved. That photo story/video was unbelievable beauitful - what a very talented photographer and beautiful people to photo - thanks for sharing that! I think RSVP means respond either way as soon as you possibly can. I never paint my nails for the reason of chipped polish, but a do like manicures ever-so-often because I love the hand massage and softer hands when it is done. I think Paige whispering words is hysterical - Ellie was never and is never afraid of getting anything wrong - she regularly tries to tell Taylor that she (Ellie) is older then Taylor - just like I did with Jenifer when I was little. I love the very different personalities of children. Can't wait to see the "tour" of your new home!

Colleen said...

I am IN for the burger throwdown! We have two grills, so let me know if you need an extra!!!

I hate people who do not RSVP, don't even get me started!!!!

Anonymous said...

K, so you're question about RSVP made me wonder. I looked it up online and apparently it means "please respond". The site I was on also encouraged people to respond either way (ASAP)just as a courtesy to the sender. Makes sense. I always thought it meant just respond if you're going to attend---whoops! I've seen a lot of invites lately that say "Regrets only" which obviously means only call if you don't plan on attending. Turns out I need an etiquette lesson or two. ;) Congrats on the contest win---you'll have to let us all know what the winning recipe is.

Carrie said...

that was a great video! Very touching. I love Ikea too! They have the best carts, don't they? I've moved to using Evites exclusively. Not as pretty as a paper invitation, but very easy for people to click "no" for attendance. I think when people know they can't make an event, they bury the invite on their desk and forget to RSVP. But I agree, it's rude.