Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camping

We had a great camping trip, even though it was quite cold and windy!  The girls had lots of fun with dirt and bugs, and though we were all on the tired side - I think it was well worth the effort!
 
Grandma Nel had many fun activities for the girls, including painting a rock garden! This was a great idea that I never would have thought of for camping trips!!!
The guys had activities of their own:

 
This is our friend Phil's razor - and it is quite zippy!!!

 
Grandma taking Lauren out for a ride on Papa Jody's quad (much less zippy).  ;o)

 
I just loved this picture - this one was taken before she discovered how truly great the dirt was!

 
Lauren and her cousin Jordan.  They are really like third-cousins, or second-cousins once removed, or something.  We will just call them plain ol' cousins - and they had a blast together!!!

 
My much-too-big girl ready to head out on a morning hike!  
She actually walked about two and a half miles, I was very impressed.

 
On our hike we found this lizard.  He lost his tail in the process, but Daddy managed to catch him - which was quite a feat!  Later that day we heard some friends of ours managed to catch the exact same lizard in that location, and that his tail was already missing!  What are the odds of that?!?

 
Lauren was really not worried about getting lost in the woods!

 
Cuddling up with Grandma Nel and going through rocks... garbage... treasures before we headed home.
=)
Before I sign off - I want to send a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Grandma Joan (the girls' GG)!!!  She is an avid reader of this blog, and I want to say we love you and are thinking of you today!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Great pics - my mom is seriously the BEST camper ever - she even makes it look effortless after working full time all week long - I don't know how she does it... I'm happy if I get the clothes packed and she's packing fun crafts!! Thanks for sharing - and Happy Birthday to GG!!

the swope family said...

The picture of Paige with her tounge out was shocking to me! When did she get that big?!?

Colleen said...

Is that a pink GUN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Claire said...

Yes, Colleen it is a BB Gun! Daddy still has to load and cock it for her... didn't you see my frame-a-day about that? Justin just thought she needed it to make camping all that much more complete! ;oP

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I am totally going to have to steal the painted rock garden idea! That's fantastic!

Colleen said...

I just went through and searched your One Frame a Day for the picture. She has got some GREAT form!!! Enough said!