Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TonT

1.  We own our house!!!  It is official, we are homeowners.  Now to start the projects... and it is a looooong list!

2.  Camping was a blast - it was so nice because my mother-in-law managed to entertain Lauren pretty much every moment we were there!  So it was like camping with only one child!  ;o)

3.  I am starting my website for my photography business!  It is a lot of work.  Yipes!  I hope to have it up by the end of the week... so be on the lookout for a post on it soon!

4.  Speaking of... I have two shoots scheduled for this month!  I am so excited to be moving forward, and Justin has been uber-supportive!!! 

5.  And, get ready for this -- I am considering branching into birth photography.  BIRTH!  Me!  Unreal.  I was the woman who wanted NO ONE but my husband near me while I was delivering, so the thought of someone taking pictures?!?  But after becoming a mom and knowing how quickly your memories of that special day vanish into oblivion -- I am actually very passionate about providing this service to families.  I will let you know more as I figure it out!

6.  I still use way too many exclamation points.  But, if you know me... it is just how I talk.  So I guess it is appropriate.

7.  Had a hysterical lunch at Chik-fil-A Deer Valley today.  They are doing customer appreciation week - and we left with more stuff than we could carry!  A gallon of lemondade, two plush cows, two balloons, and coupons for free food next time.  There was the giant cow character, ringing of MANY cowbells, and a lemon-squeezing contest.  I have never seen such smiley employees - and I want to know how they got them to whoop and holler so much!  Free coffee?!?  It was a blast - if you live near here and have time this week, you should go! 

8.  I still can not say or type "holla!"  Just too white.  Sorry, Jaclyn!!!

9.  At her 18 month appointment, we found out Paige has a mild ear infection in her right ear.  I am praying that this does not mean she is going to follow in my ear-infection footsteps (I had many and had to have tubes in my ears that never fell out on their own).  So far, she hasn't complained about it at all - so I am hoping it will be gone quickly!

10.  Does anyone think it is a GOOD idea for kids to share a room?  This is our plan for the girls in about 12-18 months from now... but I have yet to have anyone else say they would/are doing it.  It makes me very nervous that they will hate it and make me hate it!!!  I have a long time to mull over that possibility.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!!

3 comments:

Catina said...

I think sharing a room is good for kids for many reasons. One - it helps teach them to share. Two - it is good bonding : ) I loved sharing a room with my sisters and appreciated my own room even more when I got it. : )

the swope family said...

HOLLA! lol! Love you!

If and when we move to a house with fewer bedrooms the boys will end up in a room together. I think that if they aren't in a room together, at some point, they will ask to be. So, they could drive you nuts either way!!!

Carrie said...

Ditto on Catina's comment, 100%! My sister and I shared until I was about 8 or 9, when Amy turned 13. I guess my parent's thought she needed privacy then. Or she was going to kill me. I'm not really sure.

Congrats on the house and the website/photog business. I think birth photography can be really beautiful. You can't capture any more real emotions on a woman than the day they give birth: Pain, Hatred (YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!), Exhaustion, PURE JOY, INSTANT LOVE. All in the same session!