Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I am trying to have a sugar-free day today.  Zero sugar = grumpy Claire = not-too-fun ToT post. 

2.  I have a super busy week this week!  Seriously, it is the first time I have ever seen the squares of my calendar so covered over in ink.  I am looking forward to all of it though - accept maybe getting Daisy to the vet.  They always tell me she needs dental work - and I hate looking like the horrible pet-owner and blowing them off.

3.  Forming a sole-proprietorship is more paperwork than I was expecting.  I went from thinking starting my own business would be TOO hard (six months ago), to super easy (one month ago), to ugh-will-this-ever-actually-get-done (today). 

4.  On those same lines - am I the only one who thinks it is weird that Arizona has photographers charge sales tax?  Last I checked it was a service, not a retail item.  :oP

5.  Paige is finally starting to do a little better.  The poor thing and her lingering stomach-bug!  It has just wiped her out.  I am glad to see some more smiles on her face today!  And in the process, Justin awarded me the Mom-of-the-Year award (I won't mention how - it is just too gross), so I am eagerly awaiting the prize patrol on that one!  ;o)

6.  My puppy fever is offically gone.  LOL!  We watched my SIL's dog for three days and while she is super cute and lots of fun, I love that my Daisy is old and calm!  While I do want to have a puppy again, I just think it will be after our last child is out of diapers. 

7.  I went to the dentist last week.  I won't even tell you how long it has been.  Let's just say I hate despise loathe going to the dentist.  I was super nervous that there was going to be very bad reports involved.  But, even after all that time.... no issues!!!  Woo hoo!  I promise not to wait so long between cleanings this time.

8.  There are lots of photo shoots coming up for me in the next few weeks.  I can't wait!  If you or someone you know wants to jump on the freebie wagon I have a few dates open before the official launch of my business in July.  E-mail me and we will work something out!!!

9.  I was finally able to go get my hair done yesterday (because my sweet husband took off work early) - and I now officially feel out of the loop.  My hairdresser, the girl next to me, and her hairdresser were all talking about these TV shows and celebrity situations that I know nothing about.  As I was sitting there skimming the pages of People magazine I asked her who the Kardashians were, and all three of them looked at me like I had two heads.  Out of the loop, I tell you.  And sadly, I can blame it on us having no cable right now, but even if we did - I am quite sure I would still have no idea who was actually on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!"  Oh well.

10.  Now I am offically on edge just waiting to get a call that I have to hurry to the hospital to photograph my first birth!  The baby's due date is tomorrow - which means I could be waiting a while still.  Or it could be today.  So excited about it!!!  I will be sure to give you all the details once it happens.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Any Monday in July, let me know, I will be there, I want the kids to have their pictures taken!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed my head off as I read your description of your hair dressing encounter. I always feel out of the loop during most of those conversations. I'm definitely prematurely old and boring. :)