Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thoughts on a Wednesday

Justin left this morning for a three day conference in Wickenburg. Which means I will be up late watching movies and being an insomniac. That is the time I truly dread when he's out of town - after the girls are in bed and I am craving that adult conversation! Plus, I have the HARDEST time sleeping when he is gone!!!

I am stalking the UPS man today. My new 85mm 1.8 lens is supposed to arrive today and I am super anxious to try it out! It is really an outdoor lens, since I will have to be pretty far away to avoid an extreme close up. Maybe I will pull myself and the girls together and go outside somewhere tonight to get some pictures! Maybe.

Pregnancy is starting to wear on me a bit. The bump is starting to get big enough to make getting up/down a chore... plus I am getting the lovely ligament pain! What is the deal with those things?!? Man alive! They have gotten progressively worse with each pregnancy. My OBGyn told me yesterday with the heel pain and the ligament pain that I really shouldn't be on my feet for more than 45 minutes at a time (and sitting without your feet up doesn't really count as sitting). Riiiiiight - any other mom's out there with me? It is impossible to sit and put my feet up every 45 minutes with two children and a house to take care of. I am trying to be better, but life just happens!

Anyone want to go to the Rhea Lana consignment sale that is coming to Norterra in a couple weeks? I have a mom-to-be pass for the early shopping session and the half-price sale at the end.

I am counting the days to Lauren's birthday solely because that is the day I will no longer require her to lay down in the dark and pretend to nap. The girl has mastered the art of forcing herself to be awake -- and while she is totally silent for 1.5 hours in there... she isn't napping. I told her when she was five she didn't have to nap anymore, but we are going to do quiet-time activities while Paige is napping. She could just be using that time to learn, or maybe to help me clean up. Bwahahahahahaha! Like that will happen.

I really want to rip down all the studio portraits in our playroom/office. They are always crooked, and while I love to see my girls as babies... they are just awful. Studio work is my least favorite style of photography. But, I haven't done it because there will then be 26 nail holes in my walls. Walls that are devoid of paint and desperately need to be washed. Not sure which is worse... the portraits themselves, or the idea of drawing more attention to the walls in question.

Speaking of crooked -- does anyone know a good trick for hanging pictures so that they stay straight? Mine are always moving and I am not sure how to hang them so they stay in one place without using some sort of adhesive! ;o)

I wanted to share the meanings of the top three names with you so you can maybe see more detail on what you are voting for:

Brooke: Literal - Near the small stream/Peaceful. Christian - Refreshed/Zec 2:10 ~ Sing for joy and be glad, for behold I am coming and dwell in your midst.

Courtney: Literal - From the court/courtier. Christian - Amidst God's Love/1John 4:16 ~ We have known and believed the love God has for us.

Faith: Literal - Enduring belief that does not require proof/Firm believer. Christian - Faith in God/Mark 9:23 ~ All things are possible for the one who believes.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
Signature

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I'm a friend of Tamara's and just stopped by. To help pictures stay straight, I add that tacky poster putty stuff (can't think of the real name right now) to the bottom of the frame. It usually holds it right where you want it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I use felt dots on the bottom of my frames, it helps prop them up without the sticky.

hope you sleep well tonight!

Colleen said...

I do tape at the bottom of my frames, sorry nothing non-adhesive here!

What are the Christian meanings of Jackson and Tyler? I don't like their literal meaning, so I have never really looked any further!

Tamara said...

Loved your post today - you are doing so good to post more often - love it! Crack me up about Lauren in the dark - on most days Ellie masters the art of being quiet from 1 until about 2:30 before she starts hollering "MOMMMEEEEE, can I get up?" She is also counting the days until she is 5 so she can have "no more naps" - someday they'll realize how good life was then - ha! I hate the ligament pains - I had those with the girls but usually early on before I even had a bump - felt like my ovary was twisted or something was totally pinched - sharp owie pains. What is the heel pain all about - as in your feet hurt? I think you should just take the pics off the wall and as you take each one down fill the hole with either putty or filler or you can just use white cheap toothpaste, too. Then you won't have the holes there and you'll be one step closer to painting! I wish I was there to come help you get the painting done - you just need to take that big plunge and get it done! Have a painting party with your friends! As for keeping frames straight, I use rolled masking tape - not sure there is a perfect way, but you just do what works. Oh and the names - how can you go wrong with those names??? They all have nice meanings though I particularly am fond of the meaning of Brooke because it is a nice nature sound and I like that it is "peaceful"... I like the Biblical meaning of Courtney but I always think the verse attached to names is so random - I don't get it... the one thing that kind of makes me lean away from the Courtney (even though I'll love it if you name my niece that!) is that it has the word "court" in it and I hate that word for a medley of reasons... and it reminds me of Courtney Cox and I just think about "Friends" which I did love when it was on... It does seem like you are leaning toward Faith as a middle name but I think Brooke Courtney Beeler would be sweet too -- oh the combos -- maybe you'll have to wait until you see her and decide what suits her or let the girls decide -- when we were deciding between "Ellie" and "Kadyn" for Ellie, Taylor INSISTED that her sister was "Ellie" and so it was... we never looked back... BTW, I love your changed blog look - I wish I knew how to make those kinds of changes - you are so much more computer brilliant then I am!

Claire said...

Colleen -

Jackson: Gracious/ Psalm 111:4 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion.

Tyler: Resourceful/ Mark 11:24 So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Taken from "The Name Book" by Dorothy Astoria