Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  My poor husband worked until 11:30 PM last night, 16 hours!  But he left again this morning with a smile on his face!  I love him so much, and his dedication to providing for our family!!!  He never ceases to amaze me!

2.  Had well-checks for the girls today.  Lauren was in tears from the moment I told her where we were going!  The doctor had so much compassion for her, he said he could tell she was trying SO hard to be brave.  She did pretty well until the shots, four of them in her arms - screamed "Owie!!!" and turned bright red.  I was really loving our pediatrician today though, he had wonderful things to say about both the girls, and about how they almost never see us in their office.  After their shots (Paige only had one and didn't make a peep), he came back in with little books as gifts to the girls.  Lauren managed a small "Thank you," through her tears and gasping.  ;)

3.  The percentiles you get at the doctor always bother me in one way or another.  Of course the Dr. himself always says they look great - but I just don't like the numbers!  Lauren was 50th for weight and 75th for height - like she has been forever.  Paige was 30th for weight and 60th for height.  That 30% bothers me a bit... just as a number.  I know the girl eats Lauren under the table in all areas, so she is surely not starving!  =)  Of course they were both over 95th for head size -- no surprise there!

4.  My parents got the girls a sandbox, and they are in heaven!




5.  While I love that they have this to play in outside, I am trying to figure out the best way to get the sand off off them before they come in the house.  AND they want to play in it every time they go outside, so that is a lot of dusting off and/or bathing!  

6.  Justin and I are going on a getaway this weekend!!!  I am so excited!  We haven't done anything overnight without the kids in three years, and we will get two nights away this time!  We aren't going far due to the pregnancy, just up to Sedona - but the time alone will be great no matter where we are!  

7.  Lauren is officially in love with Polly Pockets!  She was given this pool set for her birthday and then today chose to use a birthday gift card (from Uncle B and Aunt Jamie) to buy another "Polly" with lots of clothes to take on and off.  She told me after playing with it for an hour and a half during Paige's nap-time today, "This is great!"  Yep, just what Mommy was thinking, too!

8.  I *might* have found a birth photographer!!!  Don't want to jinx it or anything, so I will introduce her after everything is confirmed.  VERY excited!

9.  Had to pull out some parenting books this week and try to remind myself how I want to be as a parent.  My train had seriously derailed recently, but after only a few chapters I am starting to feel back on track.  Must keep reading.  I think it is so important to keep feeding helpful things into our thoughts so that everything else doesn't block out what is truly important!  I need to just keep a child-rearing book out on the table all the time and pick it up whenever I can!  Plus, Dr. Leaman's books make me laugh too, "We have seen the enemy... and they are small."  LOL!

10.  Starting to feel bruised from the inside out!  This baby girl (that we still haven't chosen a name for) is strong!  I don't recall having to brace myself because of pain from kicking in my other pregnancies.  ;oP  But, it is always reassuring to know she is happily flopping around in there! 
Signature

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Loved your post - that sandbox looks super fun - I know the girls would love one, too - but what do you do with all the spill-over sand? Too bad you don't have an air compressor with hose attached - you could just let the girls play in a big t-shirt - strip them down and air hose them - haha! Start saving your plastic tubs for sand play - I have started saving my yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. containers for sand-castle building at the beach! Your weekend away sounds great - glad you will get to do it before baby comes. LOVE you!

Carrie said...

Oh my Goodness...a sandbox. I better show Sookie this picture because she'll never own one in real life. (remember my comment about how I"d go to the beach more if there wasn't sand?!?) You are hands down a better mommy than me!! :) I think it's great you are getting away for the weekend! Have a relaxing time!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Have fun this weekend! What a treat getting away will be. I live for those weekends!

And I hear your pain about the sandbox. We have one and I dread letting my kids play in it before I plan on going NOWHERE else for the entire day. Why is is that things that bring kids so much pleasure are usually incredibly messy?! Sigh....

Unknown said...

So excited for baby girl #3! Brielle was quite the womb kicker too and it seems to be her favorite thing now. Hope you and Justin have a wonderful weekend!