Saturday, May 1, 2010

Painting

Last week I decided to pull out the watercolor paints to see how the girls would do.  Frankly, I avoid messy crafts with Paige.  I just hate cleaning up the mess, it is very selfish.  ;o)  They did great - with only one spill, which was really Mommy's fault!  Ha!  I am pretty sure we will be doing more of this art all summer.

My Lauren.  She loves her some paints!


Paige thought it was pretty awesome too!



Do you see all her hives?

In true Beeler-girl fashion, she had her very first outbreak for three days this week.  No idea what they were from!  But, we don't let them stop us... we just load up on Benedryl and carry on our merry little way!  
 Signature

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Awesome pics - I thought you were going to post pics of the baby's nursery or painting your living room walls, but this was more fun! Such cuties - I framed some of Taylor's watercolor art work from when she was about Paige's age and hung it up in Ellie's room when she was a baby (it's still up - ha!) - just some crisp white frames with matting (think IKEA) and then pretty thick ribbon tucked behind the frame to make it looke like the frame is hung by ribbon... easy artwork that is sweet for a nursery or the girls rooms. Poor Paige and her little rash - wonder what it is from... Ellie got it at that age and we thought it was from grape juice - mom said Justin had a reaction to grape juice as a little kid too - like the purple kind. Any grape popsicles or grape juice - just tossing out thoughts.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

That first pic of Lauren is amazing! What cute little artists you have there! :)

Claire said...

Tam - no grape anything. She didn't even have anything new the day before the breakout. Hives drive me batty since you almost never figure out where they came from!!! The pediatrician said it might have been a virus even.

When I met Justin he told me that orange soda and smoked meats gave him hives. I think I almost choked while laughing at how ridiculous that sounded. He has since had both things without breaking out, though he has broken out in stressful situations twice since we've been married.

Catina said...

How fun! I hope I remember to appreciate the messy activities as much if not more than the clean ones :) You truly are a wonderful mother. Be blessed.