Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ellie-Roo-Bee

Justin's sister, Tamara and her family came for a visit this last week - and on Friday we had a birthday party at Jen's house for Ellie's fourth birthday.  I can not even explain to you how fun it is to have three cousins within six weeks of each other - they are just too cute, fun, and hilarious together.  Even when they just walk around telling each other what to do.  ;o)

Ellie's nickname as a baby was Ellie-Roo.  I think her sister, Taylor started it, but I am not sure.  So Ellie-Roo soon turned into Ellie-Roo-Bee, and now most of the time it is just Ruby.  This took a little getting used to for me, but after just a couple hours - her spunk and pre-schoolerness came out, and she is most definitely a Ruby!










 
Having a swim before dinner.
Grandma Nel playing Duck-Duck-Goose with all the kids.
 
Paige was just wishing she knew how to play!!!

 
Pretty Camryn

 
Time for cake!
I think she was excited!!!

 
She did a great job on the candles!

 
I just thought this was hysterical.  Holding her purse with both hands through the staps, but gotta get the thumb in there as well!!!

 
Brandon and Jamie surprised all of us by flying in!
The whole family got to be together for a change - SO great!
 
 
I can do a post without a little Lauren thrown in.
She was not excited to pause the eating of cake for a picture.
"Priorities, Mom!"

2 comments:

Carrie said...

My word, your family has good genes! They're all beautiful!

Tamara said...

Awww... I am just getting to some blogs and noticed that I missed this post - a whole blog for my "Ruby"... for so many reasons the name sort of suits her and even though it is a little old-fashion, I find that I like it more because EVERYONE her age here is an "Ellie" - who knew that the name we thought was so original would be so popular! I think she should be "Ruby Kate Kopp" but you just don't know these things when they are born...