Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I feel like I have fallen off the face of cyberspace for the last week.  I am in the middle of a TON of proofing, so I hope to be back to normal again sometime soon!

2.  I am a website building yo-yo.  I go back and forth constantly with what I think I should do.  I have a very specific idea of what I want my business site to look like - but I can't decide if I need to do that right away, or go with something cheaper until I am making some money.  I have half-built three different sites in the process, and am happy with none of them!

3.  We had a blast in Flagstaff with the Swopes on Friday -- and got caught in a crazy hail storm.  Pictures to come on that soon.  Sadly, they haven't even been downloaded off my camera yet.

4.  I had a family photo shoot on Saturday that reminded me why I want to do photography.  They were amazing, willing to do whatever I suggested, had helpful insight, and were constantly laughing and having fun!  There wasn't any stress on their faces, and they just went with the flow.  I love that about on-location photography!!!  I truly believe that my blood pressure rises upon setting foot into a studio.

5.  Four of my subjects had Scottish accents.  I.LOVE.ACCENTS.  I wish I had one.  ;o)

6.  The birth that I photographed was equally amazing.  Slide show to come soon!  But 22 hours at the hospital sure does take it out of you!  It took me four days to get back to my usual sleep patterns!

7.  I have never been so glad to not have television.  It is sad when anyone dies, but I don't need the details of Micheal Jackson's funeral repeated over and over!!!

8.  If you like Kashi products and shop at Target head over to Money Saving Mom.  Target has extended some coupons that get you the products super cheap!  Yesterday I got two boxes of crackers and a box of frozen waffles for $1.63!

9.  Only since being a mom of young children have I thought that it is totally fine not to see fireworks on the 4th of July.  I think it has been five years since I saw any!

10.  I guess it is time to get out of my PJ's!  I think it is nuts that I manage to get my girls dressed right after breakfast, but not get myself ready for hours afterwards.  Maybe it is because it takes much longer to get myself ready... I need the perfect skin of childhood!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Can't wait to see your website or blogsite or wherever you are going to start show-casing your work! I have to tell you that Bill didn't like any of the pics of him and said that he wouldn't put any of them up in the house - I think he isn't coping well with the "age lines" and how much they showed up on your crystal clear photography! I haven't had much time to browse the pics and decide what "critiquing" or thoughts I have -- I will get to it though... feels like I am crazy this week - lots of running - Dustin, VBS, Ellie's pre-school, Bill gone... hectic week...I so relate to p.j.'s at 9:45 a.m.!

Colleen said...

I relate to pjs ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly you could photoshop out the lines, right????? I need to get me some of that photoshop, well first I would need a nice camera and know how to take a picture!

This is the first year we have been to see fireworks in forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such a great time that now I can't imagine NOT doing it, but I don't think Tyler would love them the way Jackson did!

the swope family said...

Can't wait to see some of the recent pics! I hope the editing moves right along so that we can see them sooner than later!!! :)