Monday, October 19, 2009

Is it fall yet?



In an effort to get a little fall-ish weather out of our October, we headed up to Oak Creek Canyon on Saturday to walk West Fork and see all the beautiful leaves.  The only problem was many, MANY other people had the same idea that day.  We got a late start and by the time we arrived at the parking lot it was packed with cars lining 89A for parking into the canyon.  We decided we weren't into walking with the crowds and kept on driving up to Flagstaff.  We stopped off at the top of the canyon and did a little hike through the woods for good measure.  This was Paige's first trip in the Kelty backpack, and Justin remembered quickly why we try not to take that thing anywhere.  =)



After our walk we went to the park in Flag for a while, where Paige discovered hanging from bars like a monkey.  She thought this was the best - meanwhile, I stood by in amazement because Lauren only started doing this (without support) about six months ago.  Paige just wants to be a big girl too!

After a while at the park and a quick trip into Peace Surplus, we went and walked around NAU campus and saw the inside of the new Union.  Oh, how I love campus in the fall!  "It makes me want to buy school supplies."  It was beautiful - just what I needed to get my dose of pretty leaves and cooler temperatures!  We found a fabulous area for playing in the leaves:





I even got in on the action!





Lauren was in heaven!  She even let Daddy bury her.



If you are wondering where Paige was during all this fall fun...



Oh well, there is always next year!

I think Lauren was enjoying her moment as an only child.





But Paige did cop a bit of an attitude when we started walking again and she woke up.



That girl just cracks me up!


Because I loved our leaf time so much, I will post another dose of fall sometime this week!

3 comments:

the swope family said...

Love the silly face pic of Paige at the end! And the one with Lauren in the leaves! Glad you got a dose of fall. I'm jealous!

Tamara said...

I love love love that your family is so intentional about making memories - your girls are going to be so well rounded and they will truly appreciate nature because of your love of it. Love seeing their individual personalities shine through in the pictures you took. Your hair looks cute, too - still blonde and bangs and an easy length to style... mine is getting long and I have to curl it or pull it back - I just went a bit darker but still kept some blonde - easier on the grow out hopefully. Miss you guys - fun to see the red shoes - loved those - can't believe Ellie's feet are so much bigger then Lauren's! I'm sending some stuff back with Mom (she is coming next week) for the girls... and a little something for you, too!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Once again I am awed by the beautiful pics you always manage to take! Bravo missy!