Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I thought today was L's last day of ballet (for this session), but it's not until next week.  That was a pleasant surprise, but it makes me think I need to get my head screwed on straight.  I have been wrong on too many things with this one ballet class!

2.  Couponing is going really well for me!  Yesterday I bought two boxes of tissue, two of J's deodorant, two cans of black olives, and three CD mailers for 76 cents at Walgreens.  If that isn't motivation to keep me going, I don't know what would be!

3.  The coveted "Ariel with a tail" costume finally arrived!  *phew*  However, the tail is behind her legs instead of in front, how goofy is that?  You can hardly even see it!  But, Lauren is just happy she has a tail - so it works for me!

4.  Per Tamara's recommendation, we have started a "merit jar" for Lauren in lieu of an allowance for now.  She seemed to understand it when I explained it to her, but you never really know.  We'll see how it goes!!!

5.  I am reading this book for my women's bible study on Thursdays, and I think it rocks!  Totally recommend it if you feel like your efforts in life just aren't ever enough!  And who can say they never feel that way?  I think we all do!

6.  I am dying to paint this house!  I wish I could really personalize it and make it colorful - but I know that neutral tones make a lot more sense when you don't expect to own a home for very long.  But anything other than white will be a huge improvement!!!

7.  How do people paint when they have kids?  Seriously!  I have visions of knocked over paint cans and little fingerprints about two to three feet high all around the room.

8.  God is really working to get all the fear out of my life - particularly when it comes to my kids.  You know, fear that they will be this, or WON'T be that, or have this, or whatever.  I could give you a long list.  But I won't.  Because I am not allowing those thoughts anymore.  God does not give us a spirit of fear.  Period.  It is a process, but I am feeling the challenge is worth it.  It is a change that will clear my mind!

9.  Why is it "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"?!?  Shouldn't it be Dwarves?  Spell-checker says no. How could I have gone my whole life thinking the plural of Dwarf is Dwarves?  Because the English language makes no sense, that's why.

10.  Hell's Kitchen finale made me so happy!  I think Dave had the most potential.  Ramsay doesn't need someone who thinks they have no room for improvement.  He wants to mold someone who is good but willing to improve, and Dave was that person.  While he sounded like a pot-head when he spoke, I liked him from the beginning -- plus, he almost never got yelled at.  And that, in itself is an amazing feat in HK!

Off to work up my grocery list!  Good grief that things takes five times as long these days!!!  Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Um, I think Dave just didn't get yelled at because he had the arm issue!

Claire said...

Pbbbbbttt! :oP He didn't get yelled at before he hurt his arm either. Plus he was working his butt off with that hurt arm. Kevin-lover!!!