Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. It appears that we are all in the beginning stages of a cold. Hitting the Airborne & Zicam hard for the next couple days!!!

2. Because of this, my head is very foggy - so I might have strange statements or fragmented sentences. Not that that would be anything new!

3. I have been busy editing pictures from shoots lately and haven't taken pictures of the girls in ages! I plan to remedy this tomorrow, even if they are pictures of runny noses!

4. I had a wonderful time at Women of Faith last weekend!!! If you ever have a chance to go, I totally recommend it! I laughed, I cried, it changed me. I have many books on my to-read list now... time to hit the library! PLUS, I had the best-ever chocolate croissant at the Wyndham breakfast buffet. Mmmmmm!!!

5. This cooler weather makes me HAPPY! I love being able to be outside with the girls, roll the windows down in the car, and can not wait to see next month's electric bill! ;o)

6. Paige is finally TRYING to talk. She wants to say everything we say, and it is quite amusing to hear her try!

7. I am making an attempt to be a coupon-er. While I love the idea that with a little effort I can get many things much cheaper - it greatly interferes with my love of Trader Joe's, since they don't accept coupons. UGH.

8. I need to find a list of all the things Lauren should be able to do by the time she reaches kindergarten. I am starting to have a fear that she won't be prepared in 10 months!!! I am just really not a home-schooler, I have the hardest time trying to teach her things - especially since Paige was old enough to want my attention.

9. My tomato plant is officially dead. Surprised?

10. For those of you who have been following my quest for Lauren's Ariel costume... it STILL has not arrived. I am two shakes from losing my mind about it! What if it doesn't come? I will never be able to find "tail-Ariel" in time for Halloween! And then we will have a massive melt-down on our hands. Here's hoping I don't have to pull out the creative guns on October 30th, they are awfully dusty.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

You crack me up -- "Creative Guns" - haha - love it. What happened to tomato plant - a dry spell? Coupons... here's the thing - you have to be willing to peruse grocery ads in order for coupons to be of benefit... you have to know what a good price is on something first... then you find the store ad deal, throw coupons on top of the store deal, and if you're lucky the store ad will have a "doubler" coupon in the ad that you can use to double some of your manufacturer's coupons... I need to come give you coupon shopping lessons - ha! And... finally... Lauren is amazingly bright... and sensitive... she will be a teacher's delight. It is hard because she and Ellie and Camryn will all be fairly young kindergartners -- I know without a doubt that they will do fine though. Ellie has just learned this week how to sing her ABC's - we practiced a LOT - she couldn't get J-K - always K-K - and T-U-B instead of T-U-V and then it ended - no W-X-Y-Z... but at over 4 years old, she can sing them... still working on letter regonition - mostly when we are driving or out to eat... also trying to point out numbers and see what she knows... she surprises me sometimes. I know Lauren is going to do great... no worries. Let her be 4 this year - she'll learn what she needs to learn at 5 when she is 5 - that's my thought anyway.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

I love reading your posts. They always make me smile/laugh. Thanks!

Colleen said...

Buycostumes.com has an Aerial with a tail!!!! Meant to tell you that! They send me coupons DAILY, so let me know if you want me to start forwarding them!