Friday, February 5, 2010

Flash Friday

We were gone all day and I momentarily forgot about my picture project! So tonight I popped on that dreaded flash and tried a portrait of our beloved barker, Daisy. For the record, I can not stand flash photography. I love natural light and the look it gives a portrait - and flash is just... hard. Too much or not enough - that is how I always feel. Which is why I added it to the project in the first place, so I could learn. After a couple adjustments...


Hmm. Well, I don't hate it - so that is a step in the right direction. ;o) I can't believe that even my DOG has "don't-take-my-picture" mentality! She was trying to run away the whole time!!!

Daisy is turning eight in just a few days here. That is crazy to me - but we bought her before the thought of children was even on the table! She is really such a great dog - she goes with the flow of our family and is always up for a cuddle. She lets the girls crawl all over her, cover her with blankets, and put dress-up stuff on her! She might irritate me with her occasional bouts of barking - but she is a big part of our day to day family life and we love it!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

She's a great dog! I just watched Marley and Me last night, have you seen it? (I know we used to have a rule where we didn't watch movies with a Friend in it, but it's a good one.) :)

Tamara said...

I think it is a great photo - one you will appreciate when the old girls days are up... I love all of the pics we have of Bogey.

Catina said...

Nice pic :) I love dogs, but we aren't willing to give up parts of our life to care for a dog. Maybe when the kids are older. Sounds like it's a good thing to have one in your family :)