Monday, March 1, 2010

Rambling

Well, as you can see - I fell out of my own goals for February.  In the last week.  *sigh*  To those of you who know me, this probably comes at no surprise.   I am not good with goals.  I am sure that says something about me, but I would rather let sleeping dogs lie, for now.  I would LOVE to blame the fact that there are no new pictures on the depressing news that I have yet another nasty upper-respitory infection... but that started on Friday, and there were no new pictures for two days before that.  Simply, I was feeling quite uninspired.  Tired of taking pictures inside of my house, but unwilling to pull everything together and get out of the house to do what I love.  What is up with that?!?  I really hope to get out there more in March, once the congestion has left my head!  Lauren has a stuffy nose and sneezing this morning, so she is joining the ranks of the miserable.  Poor thing!  So, I suppose I will have to wait for her to be ready to go as well.

That's the other thing!  Why am I constantly fighting colds when I am pregnant?!?  Seriously.  I can vividly remember all the times I was coughing, sneezing, and whining with my other two pregnancies.  I had a pretty bad cold the day Paige was born.  A stuffy nose and pitocin do not mix well... hello, epidural!  LOL!  I should not complain since my pregnancies are overall very easy - but it is exhausting to be feeling this way, dealing with all the body changes, and parenting two kids at the same time.  I was having some serious pity-parties about it over the last three days, but I am determined to be thankful for all the other good things now.  My emotions don't define if something is real - I need to be determined to focus on the right things!

All of that comes out of Justin and I finally watching the movie "Fireproof" last night.  I know, we are way behind - it came out AGES ago.  But, if we don't see something in the theatre - we usually don't get around to it for a long time!  It is an awesome Christian movie, and while of genuine low-budget quality, truly spoke to my heart.  I cried.  A lot.  I cry at everything, I know... but this was fight-back-the-sobs crying.  Mostly because I know this movie speaks to so many things people I love are going through every day!  If you want some inspiration to fight for your marriage and get your focus in the right place, I would go out and rent it today!

More soon!  TTFN!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sickness! I hope Lauren gets over it quick!

Fireproof is one of the top ten movies I've seen. Wow. It teaches us that you never leave your partner... especially in a fire.

the swope family said...

I hope you feel better soon! Praying for you to feel great the remainder of your pregnancy. [Aside from the last weeks where no amount of prayer will help with the uncomfortableness! :)]

We'll have to watch Fireproof now. It should make for a fun Sunday night talk!

Love you!

Karissa said...

Hope your feeling better soon! I miss seeing your pics :)

Josh and I really enjoyed Fireproof. Don't feel bad, we got it months ago and just watched it a couple of weeks ago! Great Movie!!

XOXO

Tamara said...

Man can I relate to that - not reaching goal thing... mine is in the form of not exercising faithfully... or at all - ugh! Anyway, I am so sad that you feel so crappy! You are sensitive to the estrogen of pregnancy I think - all that stuffy nose and congestion! Plus the spring brings all those lovely new allergens and pollens into the Arizona air. I say salt water nasal spray twice a day is awesome - whenever I feel a little sinus drainage or tickle in my throat I just start using that - seems like it has helped me stave off illnesses. Also, higher Vitamin D levels help ward off infections - I think it was that video you had me watch that talked about taking Vitamin D 100,000 units for 3 days in a row at the first sign of a respirtory infection to make it go away... just an interesting thought... not sure how it works though... This has been a rough winter for you though! Get better before we come!!!

Catina said...

Your pix are missed but all is forgiven :) Feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon-I hated being congested when I was pregnant but at least didn't have two little ones to take care of. I agree with Tam though on the salt water nasal spray. I use a netty pot or sinus wash kit they have them at Walgreens for like $11. Its kind of weird at first but definitely clears up the congestion.