Friday, July 29, 2011

How to be positive


Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day:

The house may be a mess, but the kids are happy and having fun.

We may only have hot water, but at least we don't need to use the water heater = low gas bill.


The dog peed on the floor again, but it was tile and not carpet!


My daughter hit the baby in the face with a ball, but the baby didn't even cry.


I forgot to get eggs and milk while at the store, but we still have plenty of chocolate.


We don't know what our family's future holds, but we know God loves us with an everlasting love, and He is in control of the situation.


There is a kink in my neck that hurts no matter where I turn, but I'm so blessed it will be a temporary discomfort.


The baby is teething and grumpy, but her smile lights up a room.


Above mentioned baby also refuses to drink her milk and cries a lot lately, but I can eat dairy products again.


Above mentioned dairy products taste funny to me after a year, think of all the calories I'll be saving!


Here's hoping you all find joy in today, and have a wonderful weekend!
Signature

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I love this post - I think it might need to be a weekly regular - just to get us thinking right... thanks for sharing all of your positive outlooks... and as for the dairy - if you don't have to or if it doesn't taste good... one less evil to tempt you! I'm so okay with skipping milk though I have found that 40 calorie almond milk is pretty yum and I would be lost without my yogurt and cheese. Praying much for Justin and his job security.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Thanks for the change of perspective.
There is always something to be grateful for...you help us all remember that. :)Happy Weekend!

the swope family said...

Needed to read this today! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

This was such nice breath of fresh air today! Sometimes we find that were more focused on the negative things in life and tend to forget about all that we have to be thankful for! (Oh, and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one struggling to keep up with a clean house all the time! At least the kids are having a blast!)