Thursday, July 28, 2011

Soda

I love soda.  I don't drink it often... but I have it as an occasional treat.  It is sweet and bubbly and fun.  It reminds me of high school.  I often let my girls order it when we eat out.  I know it is bad for your health overall, and loads of sugar and calories.  But, I still tolerated it once in a while, accepting it as part of life.

Not anymore.  Not mine, and not my children's.  Not after seeing this:


Source: None via Britt on Pinterest


And hopefully this will get you to think about it too.

Not because I want to give you a hard time.  Not because I want you to feel guilty.  Because I love you.

The same reason I tell you about plastic.  And soy.  And Jesus!  Love.

Thanks for reading this today.  I will get off my soapbox now.

Love,
Signature

4 comments:

Justin said...

Great blog hun. Glad that you are done with soda - going to hold you to that! I'm done too!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Blah! I don't touch the stuff! But for me it isn't any power of self control or smart thinking...I just don't like it. Unfortunately I consume enough other bad things that I don't think my abstinence from soda really earns me and brownie points. Mmmmmmm....brownies....
There's no hope for me!

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting this. I knew it was loaded in sugar, calories and bad for the teeth, but look at all the other stuff too! Sheesh. I have it maybe once a year, but I wouldn't miss it if I cut it out completely. Susanna's never even had a sip, think I'll keep it that way.

Micaila said...

Good to know, John is totally a Dr Pepper fan, I, however am a tea addict, and not the bottled kind, so I feel good about that. Although with pizza, I do like soda. Now to get John to stop drinking it, I have heard as well as I am sure Justin has that soda actually increases your cholesterol too, not because it contains it, but because of how your body metabolizes and uses it.