Monday, July 11, 2011

More

OK - so I wasn't able to blog over the weekend... but no one reads this stuff on the weekends anyway.  Believe me - I am friends with my sitemeter, and no one is here Friday night through Monday morning.  You guys must have a life or something.  =)  That's why I typically don't blog on the weekends either, I am enjoying our family time!

This weekend was a little crazy.  We finally sold the girls' old beds - which means the bunkbeds are here to stay, yikes!  Our car broke down in the CostCo parking lot, and I wandered the store while Justin tried desperately to get help to figure out how to get it running again.  I was in CostCo for three hours with three kids -- during naptime.  Ugh.  But, Justin was working on a car in 108 degrees... so I'll call it even.  ;)  Our wonderful friends Phil and Annie came to the rescue, and in a hour from their arrival - not only was I home with all the kids asleep, but the car was running again.  They are awesome for giving up their Sunday afternoon for us, and I am so grateful!

Oh yeah, and on Saturday we got this:


I proclaimed myself as crazy on twitter, and my friend Colleen readily agreed.  ;)  We still had Remy at the time, but we were just head over heels for this little guy!  We are calling him Trigger.  Funny, I actually really like it now that we've been calling him that for over a day... and Lauren loves it.  Paige argues that it is not his name yet.  And most the time you can hear crickets chirping when we tell someone his name.  But that's okay, I am sure some parents experience that with their kids names, too!

Did you notice the word "had" up there?  Remy got a new home today.  She went to live with a retired couple that just loves her.  She will be spoiled.  And she will not have to hide from kids all day.  It was hard to say goodbye to her, but I know in my heart it is the best for her nervous personality.

OK - more pictures from San Diego!  We went to the Birch Aquarium while we were there, and it was just beautiful!


Those are seahorses!  So cool!

This was my best aquarium shot:


Creepy little buggers.

Love this:


And this:


Look at the size of this fish!


There was a "Nemo" tank which was supposed to resemble the reef Marlin and Nemo lived in.


The girls thought that was awesome.  Anyone surprised? 

And then the tide-pools!


Wonderful, as always!  The kids couldn't get enough.



Ok, that one's not alive.  But pretty good resemblance to a living one, I thought!

And some angel offered to take a family picture!


Yay!  

Hope your Monday is going well!

Signature

1 comment:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

What a cute puppy!
In your pic he looks like a perfect little stuffed animal!
And that crab toy that Lauren was holding is VERY life like...I totally had to look twice! Lauren was the bravest girl I know..for a second at least. :)