Thursday, August 20, 2009

Brian gets married!

Last Saturday we were privliged to be able to be at my cousin Brian's wedding in San Diego.  It was a beautiful location - and these two are so very in love, it was wonderful to watch!  It is funny, I remember at my own wedding Brian was unable to come because he was taking Tami to her senior prom and I can vividly remember saying, "He better marry this girl if he is missing this!"  Ha!  This was a hysterical statement because at the time, Brian was 16 or 17 years old!  And now they are married - so I suppose I can excuse the absence after all.  ;o) 

Lauren did a great job at the wedding, after we had a talk about being silent and respectful - she colored and remained seated and quiet.  Yay!  I just filled Paige's mouth with food the whole time to keep her quiet.  LOL!

At the reception, after the traditional first dances were over they called up the parents and all three couples danced to a song that the groom's parents danced to 30-some years ago!  After a minute or so the two in-law couples all started dancing together instead!  There is so much love in this family, they were just having the best time.  It was so sweet and special ~ it helps that the lead singer/guitarist of the band is a family friend and very thoughtful!

Grandma Linda was kind enough to entertain Lauren for the duration of the reception.  They had a great time running all over and checking out all the pretty views.  Lauren just loves her some Grandma time - every time we talk about San Diego, she talks about seeing Grandma!

Paige peering over the ledge at all the boats.  There was a man working on his boat straight out from where she was standing, and once she caught sight of him she pointed and giggled - thinking it was hysterical that someone was out there! 

Meanwhile, Mommy was trying not to have a heart attack over her potentially falling into the water just feet in front of her.

I had to include a shot of this because I thought it was so unique!  The groom's family owns Olhausen Billiards - a large producer of pool tables.  They had a special felt on this table that everyone could sign - I love this idea!!! 

Yet again, it is impossible for all four of us to look at the camera and be smiling!  ;o)

My little tuckered out pumpkin! 

The girls were up super late this night and honestly I was totally impressed that they didn't have massive meltdowns from lack of sleep and overload of sugar.  *Whew!*

Justin narrowly escaped having to dance since we left early to scurry the children into bed.  I still can't figure why he was more than happy to dance while we were dating, but now avoids it like the plague!  Ha!  He did make sure to ask me to dance every time there was a song playing he knew I would want to dance to!  :oP

Thanks for having us, Olhausen family!  It was a blast!

1 comment:

the swope family said...

B-E-A-utiful family!! Love the picture of Paige peering over the wall!