Tuesday, August 18, 2009

San Diego, day 1

Okay, I took waaaaay too many pictures this past weekend!  So, I will have to divide them up a little - since I am still sorting through all 300 of them! 

Our first day there we drove straight to Seaport Village.  There are less pictures of Paige then Lauren because she got carsick just as we were getting into town.  She spent the rest of the day crabby and lethargic, and not too fun to photograph.  Poor baby! 

Lauren's first look at the ocean:
I know sweetheart, that is how I feel about it, too!   =)
Wow, every time I look at pictures of her I can not believe how big she is! 



The girls were infatuated with all the ducks.  Paige pointed and squealed saying, "Duck!  Quack, quack," the whole time we were there. 

This is the face Paige made for the rest of the day after throwing up.  I feel so bad for her and her sensitive stomach!

My nature girl ~ looking so grown up!

Justin and Lauren climbed every tree in the park!  We all just loved soaking up some time outside in fresh air.  It seems like ages since the girls have played outdoors.

Chasing the birds - I am pretty sure they could have done this all day.  The pigeons just ran away, very rarely flying or going very far.  I think they thought the girls would feed them eventually.

Putting Paige up in the tree finally got some smiles out of her!

I was almost worried that they might actually catch one - they were brave birds!

Finally we were able to coerce them away from the climbing trees and bird-chasing to go get some drinks! 

The girls love them some Daddy time!!!

I am not even sure what this "sculpture" actually is, I didn't get close enough - but I thought it looked pretty neat and so did Lauren! 




It was a really fun way to spend the afternoon.  After having some drinks we were off to check into the hotel and get Paige a much needed nap!

Beach pictures tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

the swope family said...

I.WANT.TO.GO.NOW!

Great pics, as always! Love the 1st look at the ocean pic. It is priceless!