Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. We had a great trip to Vegas last weekend! However, I really dislike how it takes my children three days to act normal after a few days away... especially when we have had so many trips in a row. What is the deal?

2. I am going to attend the Women of Faith conference here in October and am super excited! My MIL and SILs and I went many years ago and it was amazing. I am looking forward to a little refreshment!!!

3. It is 79 degrees in San Diego today. It is 108 degrees here right now. Nine days and 14 hours until I am enjoying the salty breeze in 70-something degrees!!!

4. It took only two and a half days away from home to disrupt my attitude and cleaning improvements. Must-get-back-on-track!!!

5. In an effort to facilitate the second part of #4, I am re-reading How to Cheat at Cleaning. The author is HILARIOUS!

6. I should not order gifts early! I got a few things to give to Lauren at Christmas on ebay... and I am dying to give them to her! Partly because they stare at me while I am in the office, partly because I would love for her to have something new to play with, and partly because I just want them to be put away!

7. I have a plan to reorganize my kitchen cabinets. Any wagers on when this might actually get done?

8. May I remind you that the cute little table and chairs have yet to be refinished. This might affect said wager from #7!

9. Wishing I had gone to look at the free mini-schnauzer in Vegas. I thought Justin was against it until we were talking about it later and he never heard me say "FREE". I must make a mental note to say that part louder next time.

10. I miss going to playgroups. It was always so nice to talk with other moms and let the kids play (read: fight) and act crazy. We would talk and laugh and relate to each other daily. It was awesome. Now I have to wait until Lauren is in school to be part of something like that again. New moms don't really relate to the mom of a four year old!

**side note** I can't say or read "Awesome" without hearing it said in my head like Rhino the Hamster from Bolt. It makes me chuckle every.time. And I say it a lot. =)

No comments: