Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. We will be in San Diego in three days! SO excited for the family time, cool weather and lots of picture ops - my camera has been neglected lately.

2. We bought some patio furniture last weekend - and while I am really excited about that (I have been asking for some for about five years)... it is disturbing to me that when patio furniture goes on clearance we still have to wait two more months to be able to use it. Blah!

3. The girls both have these pretty pink soft chairs all their own. A family friend, Laurie, gave this decorative chair to us when Lauren was little - I think it is for dolls or stuffed animals to sit in. The girls fight over sitting in it. Daily.


4. Old age does many strange things to your body. And though I am not old per say, I do have creaky knees and hear myself occasionally say, "Ow, my hip!" Plus - I am very far away from being able to do this:

Though it does make me feel better that she won't be able to do that forever. ;o)

5. Lauren still has a bad case of camera-irritability. However, the moment I am photographing Paige her little head pops out from wherever she is and cries, "Mommy! Take a picture of meeeeee!" To which I am happy to oblige.


6. Justin took me out for a surprise date last week (wonderful man that he IS) - calling on Colleen again for dining locations. Seriously, this woman has the best taste in food! We went to Brio, which is an Italian chain that just opened a location over in Scottsdale. It was amazing food, though not my favorite Bruscetta, and very family friendly... which surprised me!

7. I have discovered that many wardrobe options open up to you once you can find a really well fitting strapless bra. Sorry if that is too much information! LOL!

8. I realize that this blog has been pretty vacant lately... and I want you to know I am planning to try doing a daily stretch when Justin is hunting. This all starts next week, and I hope it will give me a nice distraction while he is gone.

9. Speaking of which, anyone want to try and get together Wed-Mon of next week? I will be looking for plenty to fill the days. Call me! ;o)

10. If you are interested in having me do your holiday portraits, go to the business site and check out the mini-session dates and locations. E-mail me soon to secure your spot! I want to try to get everybody in, and can add one more day if necessary.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooooh, I was looking at Brio's menu and saw the bruschetta, and I was disappointed in their selections, nothing can beat Postino, NOTHING! I can even buy the Trader Joe's Bruschetta sauce anymore because it doesn't compare. Probably why I switched to hummus!

Tamara said...

Wish I was closer so I could fill one of your days up! Your trip to San Diego sounds nice. It is nice here this week - rainy and in the upper 70's today - coolish! Jealous of your ability to wear a strapless bra - I can't do it - just can't do it...

the swope family said...

A date night? Lucky girl!!

I'm available those same days next week so lets do something on at least one day, maybe two or three! :)

Hope San Diego is perfect! I'm sad that it isn't the 2nd annual Beeler/Swope get away!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Claire! You take such great pics! I swear you are a genius! How can we con you into coming to our end of town? :)

Claire said...

Kathleen - no conning necessary! We could use it as an excuse to SEE you guys! Yay!!!