Thursday, August 20, 2009

Randoms

Since I am a single parent for the next several days, you all might have to tolerate some rambling. I should be cleaning something or catching up on my reading, but I feel like being a little self-indulgent at the moment! So, some things I have been thinking about lately...

1. How awesome my friends are! Seriously, they listen to me yammer on when I am sure they would rather be doing something else, you know like scrubbing their shower or something. ;o) They probably even kept reading after I said up front I was going to ramble. They are good like that. Exhibit A: today Colleen sent me home with movies and reading material to keep my mind off my alone-ness. One of the most thoughtful people I know, and I don't even know if she knows that about herself!

2. Speaking of friendship... my husband is my best friend. And, as much of a cliche as that is - I haven't always been okay with that. Truly, I have bouts of jealousy over my girlfriends who have "besties" - ones that they have been friends with constantly for the last 10+ years, who they talk to every day, share everything with, and all that best-friend stuff. But last weekend I was thinking about this, and I am finally feeling truly okay with my husband being my best friend - what a blessing that is! I value my girlfriends in the highest regard and I enjoy spending time with each of them... and I am glad that is finally enough for me!

3. Times are touch, bills are high... and I need to figure out a better way to manage money. I despise this. Especially in the area of food! I love to cook, and I love food. REAL food, nothing out of a box, but fresh whole foods prepared with love and time. This budgeting thing really wants to eat into my grocery shopping. This is very disheartening to me...

4. I always have big plans for all the things I am going to get accomplished while J is away. You should see my list... but nothing is checked off. In fact, I added a few items today and then played the day away. I wonder if there is a term for a person who makes lists and then doesn't use them, because that is me. SO me.

5. I am considering combining this blog with my business one to make things more interesting over there on the photography page. What do you all think about this?!? Every photog's blog that I am addicted to combines business and personal content - and I want to have that sort of trust and openness with my business. But I am on the fence. Shocking, I know. I love to hang out on the fence... sometimes for months on end.

6. Jaclyn - your surprise came back to me in the mail! I was shocked because I mailed it so long ago... apparently I have the wrong zip code for you or something. I am just wondering what the post office was doing with it for the last three weeks!!! Uh oh - I feel another mail service rant coming on. Deep breaths....

7. Does anyone want pictures of their little ones done soon? Because I have the itch... bad. And ideas up the wazoo - but no clients yet. So hit me up ~ I know you are out there! Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? (Apparently wazoo is in the dictionary. Who knew?)

Alright... that is all I have for tonight. Going to sit and watch "Love Actually" until I am ready to pass out!

Everyone have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I loved your rambling... who wouldn't want to be friends with you... that's all I'll say... that and I'm jealous of your girlfriends, besties or not... at least you know you are loved! And the fact that my brother is your true best friend makes me smile... how blessed is he! Your girls are gorgeous - their wedding attire in the previous post was beautiful - you do such a fab job of making your girls fashionable but still little girls. I'm not sure about the photo blog combo, but I think it might be cool to combine it like your oneaday frame posts - so there is something getting posted more regularly until you get more clients... I think keepign your business site more professional might be better, but I don't know... I don't peruse very many photographer's blogs. Maybe you could show up at a park with your girlies and your camera one day and scope out cute kids with friendly looking moms and offer to take pics of their kids (with permission) for your new photo business - give them a business card and offer to e-mail a few of their kids pics to them... hmmm... rambling thoughts pour forth... see how I am??! Love you and miss you!