Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Coronado Beach

Let me preface this post by saying that I was NOT happy with my beach pictures. I decided to take my Rebel instead of my 5D to avoid the stress of sand and water near such a pricey piece of equipment. But let me tell you, I will not be doing that again! Unless I have no specific pictures I want that day. There has been some major photoshopping to make these look OK - I will spare you the list of what was done!

We spent the day at Coronado Island on Saturday and it was gorgeous! Perfect weather for the beach, warm and sunny with a little breeze. The girls had a blast and Lauren has talked about it non-stop since then. Today we were playing Barbies and her doll was telling mine all about her trip to the beach. =) We might have a surfer girl on our hands... but probably just a shell-collector.

I have visited before, but I really want to stay at a beach house on Coronado now! It is such a sweet town, I want to walk all the streets and eat in their little hole-in-the-wall places! Plus, their water and sand is perfect!!! Far better than the other beaches in the area!

My good friend Carrie was able to make it out to the beach that day to visit with us for a while, and it was such a treat to connect with her - making this day all the more sunny!!!

Paige truly has no fear, I think she figures if someone else is doing it, then she should be able to do it as well. Dangerous ground, little one! ;o) She did great playing in the water and sand, and only fussed a few times over being too cold. There were no signs of sickness this day (thank goodness!) and she was just a happy little clam - even though napping consisted of 10 minutes in the car between the shoreline and stopping for lunch. Only on vacation!!!

You might remember last year when Lauren was really not so okay with Daddy deciding to bury her in the sand. She whined about it the whole time, stayed put long enough for me to take two pictures, and then scrambled out like the ground was going to gobble her up. This year was very different! She was all about it, laughing and telling Daddy he needed to put more snd on her, "I can still see my swimsuit!" Ha!

Paige was all about it too, but Daddy didn't push his luck by trying to bury her upper body. He has learned many things over the years of parenting!

All in all, a beautiful day of family and friends in one of my favorite locations! Life is soooooo good!



Tomorrow: pictures from the Olhausen wedding!!!

2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Love, love, love the buried pics! Your two little girlies are hilarious! I have mixed feelings about your most recent posts...on one hand I love to see what your cute family is up too, on the other hand I don't know how I feel about going into beach withdrawals every day! :)

Carrie said...

that was a fun day! I thought the pics turned out great! So glad we got to connect!